Sunday Sunshine Juice
Posted at 11:00 • 14 June 2020 • Kelly • Juicing
Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.
It's a divinely sunny wintery Sunday here on the Coast, and we are blessed to be right in the middle of a super abundant citrus season.
So abundant in fact, I have had far too many to eat, which always means it's time to bring out the juicer!
I don't typically drink just straight orange juice as I find it too sweet, and instead prefer to make my own special blend.
This juice is a super personalised recipe, and I'd encourage you to adjust quantities to suit your tastes.
It's really simple recipe and takes about 10 minutes to make a litre depending on your juicer! Be sure to tag us in your socials if you give it a try: #goodharvestrecipes
- 4 organic juicing carrots
- 3 organic mandarins, peeled
- 3 organic oranges, peeled
- big knob of ginger (I use a lot but you might like to start small and add some more as needed to taste)
- thumb sized piece of organic turmeric
- 1-2 limes, peeled
- Cut pieces into juicer sized chunks, depending your juicer model. We use a Hurom Juicer for best results, otherwise Champion brand or Oscar are great too.
- I have a sequence I follow when juicing as I find it helps keep the juicer clean, and gets the most out of the fruit/veg. I'll typically alternate juicy and then harder veg, starting and finishing on a juicy item (eg, oranges, mandarins or apples).
- Give it a taste, see what else you might like to addd or adjust? Mint is really yummy in this combo too, as are apples.
- Just keep juicing until you have enough and like the balance, then jar it up in the fridge. I don't like to keep juice much past one day to maintain freshness and nutritional benefits.