Recipe Feature 🥬 Kale
Sep 22, 2023
Kale is a nutrition powerhouse, and a much underappreciated leafy green!
We grow and supply both curly kale and black (Tuscan) kale, and in many cases the two are interchangeable in recipes.
Don’t know how to use kale? 🤔
Here’s a couple of quick and easy suggestions to get you started!
- 1 cup kale leaves (stems removed)
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup banana or mango, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup orange juice or coconut water
- 1/4 cup yogurt of choice
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water, as needed
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender, blend until smooth and enjoy!
- Add only enough water to help your smoothie reached desired consistency.
- You can use either curly kale or black (Tuscan) kale.
- If you want it colder, you can always add a few ice cubes to the blender!
- 1 bunch of kale, shredded
- 1 tsp water
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup dry cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Over medium heat, add kale and water to a wok or fry pan. Sautee until slightly wilted.
- Remove from heat and transfer to salad bowl. Allow to cool slightly.
- To make dressing, add all dressing ingredients to separate bowl or jar and mix well. Add a splash of water if it needs to be thinned out.
- Add all other salad ingredients to the kale, pour dressing on top, toss and devour!
- You can use either curly kale or black (Tuscan) kale