Recipe Feature 🍠 Sweet Potatoes
Oct 17, 2023
Sweet potatoes are packed full of vitamins, minerals, and fiber!
Plus they’re super delicious too 😄
It’s always fun to try new things with your favourite ingredients, so here are a couple of new quick and easy sweet potato recipe suggestions to get you started!
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1.5 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 clove minced garlic
- Splash of water (for desired consistency)
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half - length ways and score the flesh in a criss-cross pattern - 1 cm deep.
- Combine spices, seasonings and oil in a bowl and brush this over the cut side of the sweet potatoes.
- Roast for 30 minutes at 190°C - cut side up.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with honey and roast for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Mix together all dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
- When golden, remove potatoes from oven. Drizzle the dressing over the top.
- Garnish with nuts, seeds, chick peas, and/or coriander as desired! Also yummy served with a fresh lime wedge.
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (plus more for serving)
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour or all purpose gf flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp butter or coconut oil (optional)
- To make mashed sweet potatoes, peel, cube, and boil/steam until soft. Mash until smooth.
- Add mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, milk, and honey/maple syrup to a bowl and whisk together.
- Add flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk until just incorporated.
- Cook in a pan over medium heat. If desired, use the butter/oil.
- Serve warm with honey, maple syrup, or your other favourite pancake toppings!