Recipe Feature 🥔 Potatoes
Aug 17, 2023
Potatoes are one of the most versatile vegetables around!
They are full of vitamins and nutrients, taste delicious, and are some of the most fun to experiment with in the kitchen.
But do you find yourself making the same things again and again?
Here's a couple of new recipe suggestions to get you started!
- 4 big dutch cream potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic (more or less to taste)
- pinch each of onion powder, paprika & oregano
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper
- Toss the oil, seasonings, and minced garlic with the potatoes so they are evenly coated.
- Arrange in flat layers on baking sheets and bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn them over and sprinkle with parsley. Bake for another 20-25 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if you wish, and serve with your favourite dipping sauce!
Note: If using an air fryer, make at 180C for approx 25 mins total, sprinkling with parsley and turning halfway through.
- 1/2 cup cold mashed potatoes, any variety (do not use mashed potatoes that have garlic, herbs, or other additional seasonings. A bit of salt and milk or oil/butter is fine.)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 pinch salt (can omit if your potatoes contain salt)
- Ensure your mashed potatoes are smooth. Pass through a ricer or sieve to remove any lumps and potato skins to get a velvety smooth texture.
- Combine melted coconut oil, 1/2 cup cacao powder, salt and honey in a bowl and mix until smooth. Add mashed potatoes and stir until all incorporated.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Shape into small bite sized balls using your hands and roll in leftover cacao powder
- Refrigerate to set. Best enjoyed straight out of the fridge!